Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tangled Sycamore




Here's a little colored pencil drawing I made recently. It is based on what I saw while hiking along a dry riverbed near Sedona. Even in a piece this small (4" x 6"), the laying down of multiple layers is very time consuming. This might explain why I haven't done many colored pencil drawings in recent years. Or, it might have something to do with the time I spent an entire day carefully laying down the initial layer of a large drawing, just to have the paper destroyed by my cat. Talk about a day totally wasted! It didn't deter me, however, and I started a new drawing the next day. (I've included a photo of the completed drawing titled "Entities," 30 inches wide) Either way, patience is a major ingredient of drawing with colored pencils.

No comments: